How can you create a strong, organic email list for your business? At GreenMail, Inc., we know that one effective avenue is through expos or trade show booths. If your company participates in this type of marketing, it’s a great idea to ask and cultivate an email list. Where do you begin? Check out these easy-to-follow tips we’ve put together:
1. Brochures or Handouts: Trade show booths are a great way to get informative company material into the hands of prospective clients. It’s also a perfect time to ask customers to supply their email address. One easy way is to offer a company e-newsletter. When the crowd walks by your booth, hand them a printed copy of your business e-newsletter showcasing service updates or special offers. Encourage them to sign up to receive it regularly.
2. Contests. Here at GreenMail, Inc., we have yet find a person who doesn’t like to win. Entering an email address is simple if a customer hopes to win a prize – simply state that the winner(s) will be notified via email. Make sure your give-away is something interesting and of value to your target audience. Use a fish bowl or even an iPad for registration. For example, an auto dealer might give away free oil changes or even a free vehicle!
3. Electronic Sign-Up. Do you have electronic presentations at your booth? If you do, attendees can sign up instantaneously with a keyboard or iPad. You can also use this method to send a thank you promotion minutes later to that individual.
4. Point of sale. If you sell a product or a service at the show or expo, make it a habit to ask new customers for email addresses, with the guarantee that they can always unsubscribe if needed. Help explain the benefits of signing up to the new customer.
5. Offer FREE samples. Everyone likes a sample of a product of interest. When a prospective customer views your product at home and wants to learn more about it, more than likely they will visit your website for more information. Make sure your website makes it easy for them to sign up and receive special offers and information that will be important to them. You could even have the email come back to you with the subject line term: “Expo.”
Following these tips will not only help to build up your email lists, they will also improve your business recognition and success at expos & trade shows.
– GreenMail Team